Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband for Catalina 10.15.7

Hi I have an old MacBook Pro (mid 2012) and have cleared it off so my son can create music on it using GarageBand. however in cleaning it up I removed the older garageband and now when I Redownload it from my App Store purchases I cannot open it because I need to have OS11. Problem is this MacBook is not compatible for this update so was wondering if there was a way to get GarageBand on this MacBook Pro?

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 1:28 PM

Thanks Kieth, unfortunately when I restore the 2016 app that I downloaded it won't open. Will try and see if I can request an older version.

10 replies

Feb 24, 2021 8:00 PM in response to ehtp

I have a mid 2012 MacBook Air and can't install GarageBand because I need MacOS 11 and I can't get that update because my MacBook isn't compatible with that update and I never owned GarageBand for MacOS before so is there any way I can get the older version of GarageBand because I really enjoy using GarageBand to record and produce music PLEASE HELP ME OUT !!!!

Mar 8, 2021 10:27 AM in response to martinstreet

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina 15-inch, Early 2013)

Currently using Catalina 10.15.7 because Big Sur is not compatible with my hardware.

My previous version of GarageBand was not compatible with Catalina, so I trashed it.

How can a get a copy of GarageBand that will run on Catalina 10.15.7 ? Maybe GarageBand 10 10.3.5 ?

I note that an Answer above recommends sending feedback to request that an older version be made available - but I don't know how to do this.

Thanks.

Garageband for Catalina 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.