Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not find a visible 5G antenna on my iPhone 12

I do not find a visible 5G antenna on my iphone 12 mini A2399. I also cannot ses the option of 5G in the cellular settings... Is this normal... My provider in Romania is Telekom, that does not have 5G, but I think I still should be able to see de option (even if it does not work) in my cellular settings, or the visible antenna on the right side of the phone...

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 10:10 PM

I live in France, and my carrier doesn't provide 5G yet.

But I think it is quite normal that you cannot see 5G on the screen of your iphone. When your carrier will provide it, and you'll suscribe to 5G, then your carrier will update a little file (but you won't even know it). You can see what is your actual file by going in Settings, General, About, and there you'll see the carrier with the version you have. And when you'll pay for 5G, this version will be updated and then you'll see that 5G is enabled on your phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2020 10:10 PM in response to lajos_orban

I live in France, and my carrier doesn't provide 5G yet.

But I think it is quite normal that you cannot see 5G on the screen of your iphone. When your carrier will provide it, and you'll suscribe to 5G, then your carrier will update a little file (but you won't even know it). You can see what is your actual file by going in Settings, General, About, and there you'll see the carrier with the version you have. And when you'll pay for 5G, this version will be updated and then you'll see that 5G is enabled on your phone.

I do not find a visible 5G antenna on my iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.