Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Airplay iPad to AppleTV3

When I AirPlay HBOMax Contents from my iPad to my AppleTV3, the AppleTV3 shows error message “An error occurred loading this content. Try again later”. Both iPad and AppleTV are in the same room, on the same Network, have been updated, restarted & reset, all to no avail. I am successfully Airplaying YouTube Contents from my iPad to the AppleTV. Thank you for taking my question.

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 7:39 AM

HBO Max changed their listed AirPlay capabilities. Now they will only stream to AirPlay 2-compatible devices (Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD with tvOS 11.4 or later, or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TVs). Unfortunately, your Apple TV 3rd generation is no longer compatible.

AirPlay or mirror your screen on your TV - HBO Max Help Center

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2020 7:39 AM in response to Pauls48

HBO Max changed their listed AirPlay capabilities. Now they will only stream to AirPlay 2-compatible devices (Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD with tvOS 11.4 or later, or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TVs). Unfortunately, your Apple TV 3rd generation is no longer compatible.

AirPlay or mirror your screen on your TV - HBO Max Help Center

Error Airplay iPad to AppleTV3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.