Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot airplay Netflix from my phone through Apple TV

Hi I can use my Apple TV to see my home screen on my TV, but when I go to watch Netflix I get an error message every time? Any help

is appreciated, thanks

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 8:47 AM

Sorry for the bad news but Netflix has canceled AirPlay support.

Update: A Netflix spokesperson provided further explanation on the company's decision to discontinue support for ‌AirPlay‌ on iOS devices, attributing it to the rollout of ‌AirPlay‌ support on third party devices and an inability to distinguish between them:

"We want to make sure our members have a great Netflix experience on any device they use. With ‌AirPlay‌ support rolling out to third-party devices, there isn't a way for us to distinguish between devices (what is an ‌Apple TV‌ vs. what isn't) or certify these experiences. Therefore, we have decided to discontinue Netflix ‌AirPlay‌ support to ensure our standard of quality for viewing is being met. Members can continue to access Netflix on the built-in app across ‌Apple TV‌ and other devices."

But if you have a Netflix subscription you can download the Netflix app to your Apple TV and watch, thats assuming you have a newer model Apple TV that supports the App Store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2022 8:47 AM in response to Robppp1989

Sorry for the bad news but Netflix has canceled AirPlay support.

Update: A Netflix spokesperson provided further explanation on the company's decision to discontinue support for ‌AirPlay‌ on iOS devices, attributing it to the rollout of ‌AirPlay‌ support on third party devices and an inability to distinguish between them:

"We want to make sure our members have a great Netflix experience on any device they use. With ‌AirPlay‌ support rolling out to third-party devices, there isn't a way for us to distinguish between devices (what is an ‌Apple TV‌ vs. what isn't) or certify these experiences. Therefore, we have decided to discontinue Netflix ‌AirPlay‌ support to ensure our standard of quality for viewing is being met. Members can continue to access Netflix on the built-in app across ‌Apple TV‌ and other devices."

But if you have a Netflix subscription you can download the Netflix app to your Apple TV and watch, thats assuming you have a newer model Apple TV that supports the App Store.

Cannot airplay Netflix from my phone through Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.