Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay

Apple CarPlay not connecting. After IOS 14,2 update. I have a 2020 iPhone 11 and a 2020 Mini Cooper Countryman. Apple CarPlay simply disappeared from my phone and wont reconnect.

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 12:04 PM

It is enabled. Disabling it and re-enabling it doesn't help. As @MiniCooperOldie said, this could be related to the recent iOS 14.2 update which led to these bugs to appear. Mind you, issues with Mini Coopers and CarPlay connections have been longstanding with me needing to reset it up every once in a while but never to the degree where it's not even an option any more. It's as if the car doesn't recognize the phone as a CarPlay enabled device anymore.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2020 12:04 PM in response to IAmRKZ

It is enabled. Disabling it and re-enabling it doesn't help. As @MiniCooperOldie said, this could be related to the recent iOS 14.2 update which led to these bugs to appear. Mind you, issues with Mini Coopers and CarPlay connections have been longstanding with me needing to reset it up every once in a while but never to the degree where it's not even an option any more. It's as if the car doesn't recognize the phone as a CarPlay enabled device anymore.

Dec 6, 2020 9:54 AM in response to MiniCooperOldie

I have the same exact issue. My 2020 Mini Carplay stopped working on Monday. I've tried restarting my phone, unpairing my phone and removing it from the car, resetting network settings and non of these worked for me. I've even updated the car's firmware with no luck. From what I can see, the option to pair through Carplay no longer appears on the car's display. Upon trying to establish a new connection, it does so through a non-CarPlay connection requiring the use of the built-in media and navigation apps rather than CarPlay. This is frustrating :(

Dec 10, 2020 3:46 PM in response to abo_slo7

Quick update on this issue: I tried setting up my car again today, and I managed to get it to work! On the car display, I went to My MINI-System settings -Mobile devices -Settings. What I found was that the checkbox for Apple CarPlay has reappeared but it was unchecked. I only had to re-enable it and set up a new device like I usually do and that solved it!

Jan 19, 2021 6:20 PM in response to MiniCooperOldie

I have the exact same problem described in your initial post. I have a Countryman 2020 and CarPlay stopped appearing after iOS 14.2. iOS 14.3 doesn’t seemed to have helped either. I have been on several calls with Apple Support. I’ve tried every possible scenario with tech support. Finally, they had me download a diagnosis profile tool that gather info on my iPhone. I had an appointment set up to go over the diagnostic data, but they said the data was no good and they needed to grab the data again. I followed the instructions and sent the diagnostic data again. I had an another appointment scheduled to discuss the data, but support did not call me on the scheduled day. I absolutely hate the mini interface for accessing music, but am stuck using it because CarPlay doesn’t work. I am so disappointed with Apple CarPlay. Maybe CarPlay will re-appear one day.

Apple CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.