Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warranty on Replaced Butterfly Keyboard

I had the keyboard replaced on my 2016 15" MacBook Pro several weeks ago through a local Apple Store under the Keyboard Replacement Program (butterfly keyboard). I forgot to ask the rep at the Genius Bar - what is the warranty on this new keyboard since it's another butterfly?

I'm just wondering since the original one started having problems (non-responsive keys and double/triple characters) after 3 years of use. Would this new keyboard still be covered under the replacement program a couple years from now if it begins to have similar problems?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 10:43 AM

MarkR_Mac wrote:

I had the keyboard replaced on my 2016 15" MacBook Pro several weeks ago through a local Apple Store under the Keyboard Replacement Program (butterfly keyboard). I forgot to ask the rep at the Genius Bar - what is the warranty on this new keyboard since it's another butterfly?

I'm just wondering since the original one started having problems (non-responsive keys and double/triple characters) after 3 years of use. Would this new keyboard still be covered under the replacement program a couple years from now if it begins to have similar problems?

Thanks

90 days parts and labor.

The hypothetical I can not answers. You can see when you get there.

You can read for yourself some of the caveats:

The program covers eligible MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit

https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2020 10:43 AM in response to MarkR_Mac

MarkR_Mac wrote:

Thanks

90 days parts and labor.

The hypothetical I can not answers. You can see when you get there.

You can read for yourself some of the caveats:

The program covers eligible MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit

https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

Warranty on Replaced Butterfly Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.