Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password for App Store showing as incorrect, but it is correct.

I am attempting to update my games, but my Apple ID is password keeps saying it is incorrect when I try to validate the download. It is not incorrect - I am signed into my device with the same password (I signed out and in again to verify this twice) and I also signed into the actual App Store with the same password successfully. Yet when I type the exact same password into the field when I attempt to update the game, it says incorrect password. This is very frustrating. I even changed my password to a new one and repeated the entire process: I signed out of all Apple ID things and signed back in with the new password. Same problem occurs: I succeed with the device sign in, I succeed at signing into the App Store, but when it asks for my password for the game download, it says the password is incorrect. Why???

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 12:34 PM

Was that app purchased using your current Apple ID? Check your purchases history to see if the app shows there.

Purchase History Review.  

3 replies

Password for App Store showing as incorrect, but it is correct.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.