Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated a shared note on iCloud.com - but it's not showing anywhere else

Has anyone had just one Note stop synching with their phones correctly?

We have a shared grocery list in Notes. I updated it this morning via my iPhone as we menu planned for the week and it worked just fine.

A little later in the day, I pulled up the Note on my desktop via iCloud.com and updated it. I actually had to do it twice because the first one didn't take. The screen shots are from update #2. As you can see, it saved and shows it was updated today at 3:39PM in iCloud.

When I pull it up on my iPhone, however, it is not reflecting this update.

As you can see, other new Notes synced without issue. I created one on the iPhone and one in iCloud as a Test and they both synced. I also edited the PC-based Note in iCloud and it updated on my iPhone.

It looks like this one Note is bugged. If I pull up iCloud in a new browser window, the note does not reflect the 3:39PM update either.

I suppose I could delete it and start clean, but wanted to see if anyone had experienced this. I also wanted to vent because I had to update the list twice! The first time, I made the changes in iCloud and then closed the browser, unaware it hadn't really saved. So I had to pull out all my recipes for the week and build the grocery list twice today. I'm over it now, but it was definitely annoying.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 1:07 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 6, 2020 11:34 AM in response to zinacef

Yes, that was the first thing I tried. Also rebooted my iPhone. The issue was the save wasn't really happening despite what the screen said. When I pulled up the note in iCloud (in a different browser window), it also did not show the 3:39PM save.

We ended up deleting the bad note and started a new one, which is working fine so far.

I updated a shared note on iCloud.com - but it's not showing anywhere else

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.