Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Notes not synching

Notes not synching

I have several notes that are shared with my wife. When one of us updates the note, the changes do not show up in the other’s copy of the shared note. Furthermore, all my notes have stopped synching between my Mac and my iPhone. My iPhone, my wife’s iPhone, and my Mac are all on the same network.

What could be causing these problems, and how can I fix them? Are there problems with settings on my Mac or one or both of our iPhones? This is a very frustrating problem that has been ongoing for several months. Can you help me, please?

Both phones are SE 3rd generation, running iOS 16.7.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 6:41 PM

Deleting an app and reinstalling it will have no effect. Go into Settings > (you) to see your iCloud settings for notes. You might need to sign out of iCloud and then back in.

And since you are dealing with 2 accounts, the number of tests you have to perform rises exponentially. You'll need to check the web, your Mac, and your wife's phone, both ways, to verify that syncing of shared notes is working properly and/or to identify the device where it isn't working.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2023 6:41 PM in response to John Haley1

Deleting an app and reinstalling it will have no effect. Go into Settings > (you) to see your iCloud settings for notes. You might need to sign out of iCloud and then back in.

And since you are dealing with 2 accounts, the number of tests you have to perform rises exponentially. You'll need to check the web, your Mac, and your wife's phone, both ways, to verify that syncing of shared notes is working properly and/or to identify the device where it isn't working.

Notes not synching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.