Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Notes on my MacBook Air not syncing with notes on iPhone

I make changes to Notes on my iPhone, and these changes do not appear on Notes in my MacBook Air. In the past they were sinking fluidly and updating immediately. Both ways it worked… Update, MacBook and phone was updated at the same time and vice versa where I update on the phone and the MacBook is updated at the same time. both are running the most current software for each. And both are logged into the same Wi-Fi and are showing as active in my iCloud account on each device.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 1:07 PM

Hi there!

First, double-check that iCloud Notes are turned on for all your devices: Set up iCloud for Notes on all your devices - Apple Support.

If iCloud Notes are turned on for all devices, temporarily deactivate it, then re-enable it on all your devices.

You may also need to restart your devices:

Hope this helps! Let us know if Notes still aren't syncing.

-Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2023 1:07 PM in response to damcar26

Hi there!

First, double-check that iCloud Notes are turned on for all your devices: Set up iCloud for Notes on all your devices - Apple Support.

If iCloud Notes are turned on for all devices, temporarily deactivate it, then re-enable it on all your devices.

You may also need to restart your devices:

Hope this helps! Let us know if Notes still aren't syncing.

-Jack

Notes on my MacBook Air not syncing with notes on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.