Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CAN’T SAVE GIFS TO IPHONE ANYMORE

All of a sudden (overnight) when I save gifs from a website to my photos they are no longer animated, but instead a frozen frame from the gif. How do I fix this?!

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 7:42 PM

Hello forrest82,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your message we understand that you're not seeing GIFs as animated, but as a still photo.

Be sure to first, Restart your iPhone. After restarting, if the issue persists, be sure that you're downloading the file, and not taking a screenshot of the image. If they are files that you're saving, see if there is any change if you open the GIF in Photos or try to insert it in a Message or email.

If the issue persists, let us know what iOS version number your iPhone is running.

All the best.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 7:42 PM in response to forrest82

Hello forrest82,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your message we understand that you're not seeing GIFs as animated, but as a still photo.

Be sure to first, Restart your iPhone. After restarting, if the issue persists, be sure that you're downloading the file, and not taking a screenshot of the image. If they are files that you're saving, see if there is any change if you open the GIF in Photos or try to insert it in a Message or email.

If the issue persists, let us know what iOS version number your iPhone is running.

All the best.

CAN’T SAVE GIFS TO IPHONE ANYMORE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.