Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay on 2020 mini

My carplay had been working fine until about a week ago, when suddenly it stopped. The sat radio and mini apps work fine. The indication that carplay is an option no longer shows up. When I try to restart carplay, following guidance from mini, there is no carplay option to check. Any ideas?

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 3:47 PM

Quick update on this issue: I tried setting up my car again today, and I managed to get it to work! On the car display, I went to My MINI-System settings -Mobile devices -Settings. What I found was that the checkbox for Apple CarPlay has reappeared but it was unchecked. I only had to re-enable it and set up a new device like I usually do and that solved it!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 3:47 PM in response to kathrynfromeaston

Quick update on this issue: I tried setting up my car again today, and I managed to get it to work! On the car display, I went to My MINI-System settings -Mobile devices -Settings. What I found was that the checkbox for Apple CarPlay has reappeared but it was unchecked. I only had to re-enable it and set up a new device like I usually do and that solved it!

Dec 6, 2020 9:51 AM in response to kathrynfromeaston

I have the same exact issue. My 2020 Mini Carplay stopped working on Monday. I've tried restarting my phone, unpairing my phone and removing it from the car, resetting network settings and non of these worked for me. I've even updated the car's firmware with no luck. From what I can see, the option to pair through Carplay no longer appears on the car's display. Upon trying to establish a new connection, it does so through a non-CarPlay connection requiring the use of the built-in media and navigation apps rather than CarPlay. This is frustrating :(

Carplay on 2020 mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.