Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages unsaved document

Is there any way to retrieve an unsaved document in Pages? I was working on a list and in switching to and from another application, it disappeared

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 11:36 AM

Pages will store the unsaved Untitled.pages document in its Container location while Pages is still running. Which means, between running applications. If you quit Pages, the unsaved document is removed.

This is why I have always recommended that when one creates a new document, the very first task, before entering any content, is to manually save the document. Then autosave is active, and a well behaved Pages won't lose your content.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2020 11:36 AM in response to Jean N

Pages will store the unsaved Untitled.pages document in its Container location while Pages is still running. Which means, between running applications. If you quit Pages, the unsaved document is removed.

This is why I have always recommended that when one creates a new document, the very first task, before entering any content, is to manually save the document. Then autosave is active, and a well behaved Pages won't lose your content.

Pages unsaved document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.