Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my untitled document

I got out of an unsaved paged doc. Can I find it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 4:50 AM

If it's unsaved it's still in memory. But If you've closed the app and/or shut the Mac down, it's gone. Unsaved is unsaved ... as if it were never there.

If the app is still open, you access it as you would any other in-progress document.

2 replies

Jun 15, 2022 7:01 AM in response to Lifeisshortmakefunofit

The very first thing you do when you create a new document in Pages, and before you enter any content is to manually save the document with a legitimate (not "untitled") document name. That ensures that Pages automatic autosave is enabled, and changes that you make to the document are saved approximately every ten seconds when working on a local drive, or iCloud Drive. Your content won't be lost when you exit Pages, or it crashes.

However, if you did not follow the first paragraph and never saved your Pages content, quitting Pages causes it to cleanup the "Untitled.pages" file from its temporary storage, and it is gone forever. If however, you do not quit Pages, and switch to another application, then that unsaved Pages content remains, and the first thing you do when switching back to Pages is to manually save that document per the first paragraph.

Find my untitled document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.