Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

p12-imap.mail.me.com server

So if iCloud does not support a POP server on my pc and I inadvertently set up an account using iCloud System Preferences, apparently I won't see these settings because they're automatically configured. How do I eliminate this p12-imap.mail.me.com server?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 4:21 PM

Hi, westsidetkd.

It sounds like you were seeing a connection error for your iCloud email on your PC. If you’re still experiencing this, we’d like to see how we can help.

You’re absolutely correct in that your iCloud email settings are automatically configured with on your PC when you use iCloud for Windows. You won’t be able to alter the settings, but sometimes if you deselect Mail in iCloud for Windows to temporarily disable your account. Wait a few minutes and enable it again. iCloud for Windows should automatically reconfigure the server settings. 

It sounds like you may not be using your iCloud email account. If you have no plans to access it, you may want to leave it deselected. 

If you’re using it with Outlook on your computer, this article may also help:

Get help using Outlook with iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

We appreciate you taking the time to post in the Apple Support Communities.

Warmest Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 4:21 PM in response to westsidetkd

Hi, westsidetkd.

It sounds like you were seeing a connection error for your iCloud email on your PC. If you’re still experiencing this, we’d like to see how we can help.

You’re absolutely correct in that your iCloud email settings are automatically configured with on your PC when you use iCloud for Windows. You won’t be able to alter the settings, but sometimes if you deselect Mail in iCloud for Windows to temporarily disable your account. Wait a few minutes and enable it again. iCloud for Windows should automatically reconfigure the server settings. 

It sounds like you may not be using your iCloud email account. If you have no plans to access it, you may want to leave it deselected. 

If you’re using it with Outlook on your computer, this article may also help:

Get help using Outlook with iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

We appreciate you taking the time to post in the Apple Support Communities.

Warmest Regards.

p12-imap.mail.me.com server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.