Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 battery issue

New iPhone 11, 256GB, Red, activated in June, 2020. The last few weeks the battery isn't holding a charge. Yesterday it was 100% at 6:00 p.m. and today at noon it was at 10%. Not even 6 months old!

Previously I had an iPhone 6s Plus that was one of the battery issues phones but mine didn't have any. I used that phone for over 4 years with no battery issues. I only updated because it was only 16GB and I constantly had space issues.

I am very disappointed to say the least.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 1:48 PM

Hello,

These are the standard steps for short battery life:

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Setting > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

Good luck.

4 replies

Dec 6, 2020 2:46 PM in response to FranniesMom2020

The battery health will always decrease over time.

When you have so much storage , you also probably have many apps/games.

Normal every day use should last 1 day so your battery drain is pretty normal.

Iphone 11 is newer and has more ram then an Iphone 6 so of course you end up using more battery with the newer performance.

And since Apple isn’t improving battery life much, we’re stuck with that

iPhone 11 battery issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.