Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s battery

I had a replacement battery just over a year ago and although it is showing 82% battery health it will only work when on charge, as soon as it is unplugged even when fully charged it immediately dies and says it has no charge.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 10:46 AM

No, I went to a mobile phone shop on the high street, why would this make a difference? I can understand if the battery is not as good but why does it show 100% charged until I unplug it then just die?

4 replies

Jul 29, 2021 10:50 AM in response to slc3

slc3 wrote:

No, I went to a mobile phone shop on the high street, why would this make a difference? I can understand if the battery is not as good but why does it show 100% charged until I unplug it then just die?

Because you didn't get an authentic Apple battery and there is no way to guarantee an aftermarket part put in an iPhone. Even more difficult for you, since you allowed someone other than Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to open and install non-authentic parts in your phone, Apple won't service the phone.

Your only option is to go to the service you had install the battery and see if they are willing to do anything for you.

You need to understand no one but Apple or Apple Authorized Service providers have access to authentic Apple Parts.

iPhone 6s battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.