Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Health: My sleep apps aren’t prioritizing correctly

I have two sleep apps that I use: an automatic one on the watch, which I have prioritized, and one that I use as an alarm (as the watch one’s can’t be used in automatic mode) and as a backup in case my watch dies or I fall asleep before my watch is done charging. The apps are prioritized correctly. However, since the update in September, the data displayed is from the back up app, even when the watch app has data, all of which appears in apple Health like it’s supposed to, despite my settings.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 5:03 PM

Hello kwthekat,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities about the issue with the sleep apps you have installed on your iPhone. We're happy to try to help get you pointed in the right direction. Here are a couple of things that might help others answer your question:

• Which version of the iOS software do you currently have installed on your iPhone? You can find this in Settings > General > About. If needed, you'll want to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  • What sleep apps are you using when you encounter the problem? If they are 3rd party apps, have you opened the App Store and made sure that all your apps are up-to-date? 
  • Is your Apple Watch software up-to-date? If not, here's a guide on how to Update your Apple Watch.

We hope this information helps you out.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 5:03 PM in response to kwthekat

Hello kwthekat,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities about the issue with the sleep apps you have installed on your iPhone. We're happy to try to help get you pointed in the right direction. Here are a couple of things that might help others answer your question:

• Which version of the iOS software do you currently have installed on your iPhone? You can find this in Settings > General > About. If needed, you'll want to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  • What sleep apps are you using when you encounter the problem? If they are 3rd party apps, have you opened the App Store and made sure that all your apps are up-to-date? 
  • Is your Apple Watch software up-to-date? If not, here's a guide on how to Update your Apple Watch.

We hope this information helps you out.

Cheers!

Dec 11, 2020 6:54 PM in response to Leanne_68

I have the 11 Pro, iOS 14.2. It says it’s up to date. I’m using Sleep Cycle v6.12, for the alarm and backup, and Pillow v3.9.91 for the automatic watch tracking. Both are up to date. I cannot update my Apple Watch 3 (watchOS 6.2.8) because there wouldn’t be enough space unless I wiped it completely for the update, and I don’t want to do that.

Apple Health: My sleep apps aren’t prioritizing correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.