Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail one inbox

Hi,

I just started using Big Sur. Is there a way to get Apple Mail to display one unified Inbox, as Catalina had? Right now I get one unified inbox at the top, but then each account below it (with folders I want to see) also displays it's own Inbox/Drafts/Sent/Junk. I'd like to hide those if I can.

Thanks,

James.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 2:26 PM

Bring your cursor over Favorites, it will show a + sign, click it and add the mailboxes you want. You can even select mailbox subfolders from there. This should get you the same look and feel.

6 replies

Dec 6, 2020 2:00 PM in response to 6x6

Thanks. Actually, what I'm looking for is a way to hide some of the folders from individual accounts. I don't have a screenshot so hopefully this description is clearer.

On Catalina, I got:

• All Inboxes
  • Drafts
  • Sent
  • Junk
  • Bin
  • Archive
  • Account #1
    • Folder 1
    • Folder 2 ... etc
  • Account #2
    • Folder 1 ... etc

On Big Sur, what I get is:

• All Inboxes
  • Account #1
    • Inbox
    • Drafts
    • Sent
    • Junk
    • Bin
    • Archive
    • Folder 1
    • Folder 2
  • Account #2
    • Inbox
    • Drafts
    • Sent
    • Junk
    • Bin
    • Archive
    • Folder 1, 2, etc.

What I'm looking for is a way to hide the Inbox etc from the Account #1 and so on, so I can see more folders in the sidebar without scrolling. In Catalina it amalgamated them all into a system-wide Drafts/Sent/Junk/Bin/Archive folder. I was hoping there was a setting to do the same in Big Sur.

Dec 6, 2020 3:18 PM in response to JamsMomento

I'm not seeing a neat way of doing but if you add one of the subfolder as a Favorite, e.g. Folder 1 in your example, you can rename it, e.g. "Account 1 - Folder 1". Repeat the steps for Folder 2, e.g. "Account 1 - Folder 2" and so on. That is less than ideal but I could not think of another way.

Apple Mail one inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.