Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

os mail sidebar mailbox list

Hello. I have quite a few email addresses for business purposes, and each of them shows up in the Mail sidebar individually.

As here is an "All" mailbox at the top of the sidebar (where supposedly all incoming/outgoing mail should be visible) would it be possible to hide all the other mailboxes? This isn't a huge thing, but it's distracting and keeping procrastination at bay is a never ending war.

Also, should synchronization happen without me triggering the process? When I realized that it wasn't happening I selected the option and immediately 4,720 messages started to download from the cloud to my laptop. All of which I had seen before. What is considered good practice and how can I keep things synchronized to avoid this happening again?

Many thanks for your help.

rlg

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 3:43 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 11, 2021 4:32 PM in response to Rosina Lippi-Green

By synchronization do you mean downloading new messages?

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

os mail sidebar mailbox list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.