Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail. New mailbox layout is really annoying. Can I change it back?

I am using Mail on OS11.6 (I can't update any more until Adobe updates a couple of apps to match MacOS). Recently Mail reorganised the lefthand mailbox column. It used to be that I had all inboxes at the top then Sent and then other automatic folders etc If I selected "All inboxes" I saw all incoming mail.

Now the lefthand column is listed by account, each one having its own inbox, sent, trash etc. It's really counter intuitive and cumbersome to work with. Checking the mail now involves rooting around to look at each individual inbox. Can I change it back? Did I inadvertently change this or does Apple now think this is the way forward?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 6:15 PM

Do you see favorites in the left menu bar? You can click on the plus sign and add all inboxes, etc. Nothing has changed.

Similar questions

2 replies

Mail. New mailbox layout is really annoying. Can I change it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.