Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail layout since Big Sur upgrade

How do I get my inbox to the top of the list ? It’s now more than half way down after favourites and a load of others. Can I revert to the previous format which worked well as my husband and I have separate email accounts on the same MacBook

MacBook

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 11:04 AM

macOS is a multi-user operating system.

Your husband and you should have also different user accounts on that same mac.

If you are both sharing the same account, but have two different e-mail accounts both in the same Mail instance, the best one can do is click the little arrows and collapse the intermediate stuff. This will greatly reduce the length of the sidebar and bring your account far up.

In this screenshot there are "Favorites", "On my Mac", "Account 1"' and "Account 2" all collapsed, so

"Account 3" appears quite far up and there is no need to scroll the sidebar.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 11:04 AM in response to slc3

macOS is a multi-user operating system.

Your husband and you should have also different user accounts on that same mac.

If you are both sharing the same account, but have two different e-mail accounts both in the same Mail instance, the best one can do is click the little arrows and collapse the intermediate stuff. This will greatly reduce the length of the sidebar and bring your account far up.

In this screenshot there are "Favorites", "On my Mac", "Account 1"' and "Account 2" all collapsed, so

"Account 3" appears quite far up and there is no need to scroll the sidebar.

Mail layout since Big Sur upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.