Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing text notifications

My iPhone 11 Pro Max isn't consistently notifying me when I receive a text message. This is happing with texts and iMessages; and it isn’t working about 80% of the time. The new messages do not show up until I actually open the message.

Please help!

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 5:37 AM

Hello,

Hmm, see these steps for possible reasons:

1) Check the silent button above the volume buttons.  Do you see red?  If so, move the slider.

2) Is Do Not Disturb on?  Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.  Is it turned on?  Check the times.

3) Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages.  It is turned on?

4) Go to Settings > Sound & Haptics.  Change the "Text Tone" to a different sound.  Does it make a sound?

Note: you can send text messages to yourself for testing purposes.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 5:37 AM in response to KarateAmanda

Hello,

Hmm, see these steps for possible reasons:

1) Check the silent button above the volume buttons.  Do you see red?  If so, move the slider.

2) Is Do Not Disturb on?  Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.  Is it turned on?  Check the times.

3) Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages.  It is turned on?

4) Go to Settings > Sound & Haptics.  Change the "Text Tone" to a different sound.  Does it make a sound?

Note: you can send text messages to yourself for testing purposes.

Good luck.

Missing text notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.