Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MagSafe duo charger charges either an iPhone or a watch, but not both at the same time.

My MagSafe duo charger will charge either an iPhone or a watch, but not both at the same time. I'm connected to a 29 watt Apple charge brick and charge speed is adequate on the one device that is charging. Has anyone else seen this behavior and is there a fix?

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 11:29 AM

Hi wdp03, 

It looks like you’ve already received some great responses. I wanted to also point out this article that was recently updated, which has helpful information about how to use the MagSafe Duo Charger: How to use your MagSafe Duo Charger with iPhone 12 models and Apple Watch

If you look near the bottom of that first section it states “The Apple 29W USB-C Power Adapter isn't compatible with the MagSafe Duo Charger.”

Thank you!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 11:29 AM in response to wdp03

Hi wdp03, 

It looks like you’ve already received some great responses. I wanted to also point out this article that was recently updated, which has helpful information about how to use the MagSafe Duo Charger: How to use your MagSafe Duo Charger with iPhone 12 models and Apple Watch

If you look near the bottom of that first section it states “The Apple 29W USB-C Power Adapter isn't compatible with the MagSafe Duo Charger.”

Thank you!

MagSafe duo charger charges either an iPhone or a watch, but not both at the same time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.