Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music thinks I am my wife

It's trivial, but really bothers me. But in my Apple Music app all the playlists are using my wife's name. They say "Katrina's Station", and "New Music for Katrina".

We have a family subscription. And I am the administrator of the group, she is listed as "Parent/Guardian". The Apple ID associated with the plan is my Apple ID. Yet I can't seem to find a way to make the app use my name in all the playlists.

Any suggestions?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 9:16 AM

Hi lesfromerskineville,

We understand your Apple Music is showing the incorrect name. We're happy to help.

To change the profile name for Apple Music, go into the Music app > Listen Now tab, then tap your profile icon at the top right. Select See What Friends Are Listening To, then, Get Started. You'll be able to edit to edit your Apple Music profile name there.

Music Support

We hope this helps. Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 9:16 AM in response to lesfromerskineville

Hi lesfromerskineville,

We understand your Apple Music is showing the incorrect name. We're happy to help.

To change the profile name for Apple Music, go into the Music app > Listen Now tab, then tap your profile icon at the top right. Select See What Friends Are Listening To, then, Get Started. You'll be able to edit to edit your Apple Music profile name there.

Music Support

We hope this helps. Take care!

Apple Music thinks I am my wife

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.