Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone SE 2: popping/clicking sound when starting and stopping video

I hear a very loud click/pop sound in the video recording at the beginning and end of each video taken with my brand-new iphone SE 2 - this was not the case with previous iphones. Happens with both options 1) when I tap the start/stop video button; and 2) when I use the volume up or down button. And also when the phone was on mute while recording.

Can I turn off this noise when starting/ending recording? Funnily, compared to those click-sounds, all other (external) sound volume in the video is pretty low/ filtered.

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 10:50 AM

Hi elis_,

We understand you're having a problem with distorted audio from your device speakers. We're happy to help.

If the sound from your speakers is not clear we recommend trying these steps: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

We'd also recommend testing the audio in different applications to see if it is app specific, or if the speakers have this problem no matter where you play audio from.

If you continue to have issues with the audio quality, you'd want to contact Apple Support directly for assistance: Get Support

We hope this helps. Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 10:50 AM in response to elis_

Hi elis_,

We understand you're having a problem with distorted audio from your device speakers. We're happy to help.

If the sound from your speakers is not clear we recommend trying these steps: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

We'd also recommend testing the audio in different applications to see if it is app specific, or if the speakers have this problem no matter where you play audio from.

If you continue to have issues with the audio quality, you'd want to contact Apple Support directly for assistance: Get Support

We hope this helps. Take care!

iphone SE 2: popping/clicking sound when starting and stopping video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.