Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought the new 13” MacBook Pro and tried connecting my Mac to my TV with a ubs c and hdmi cable. The picture on my laptop of an open website did not appear on my tv though the wallpaper of my Mac did appear. What’s going on? Help...

I can’t view the website on my laptop on my tv once I connect via ubs c / hdmi cable. Although I can see a wallpaper picture on my tv, there’s nothing else. My mouse arrow doesn’t appear or anything. Tried this on two different TVs with the same result. Why can’t I watch my video?!?!? I’m not tech savvy so any help would be appreciated. Is it a Big Sur problem?!?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 1:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 11:07 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Miyakojima.

If we understand your post correctly, when you connect your MacBook Pro to your TV you see only the desktop picture. We’d like to help.

Follow the steps in this article to mirror your desktop your TV:

Use external monitors with your Mac

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 11:07 AM in response to Miyakojima

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Miyakojima.

If we understand your post correctly, when you connect your MacBook Pro to your TV you see only the desktop picture. We’d like to help.

Follow the steps in this article to mirror your desktop your TV:

Use external monitors with your Mac

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Bought the new 13” MacBook Pro and tried connecting my Mac to my TV with a ubs c and hdmi cable. The picture on my laptop of an open website did not appear on my tv though the wallpaper of my Mac did appear. What’s going on? Help...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.