Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Orders

I’m just wondering what apple’s policy is for delayed products. Just a quick overview of my situation I ordered a MacBook Pro in November and it came and unfortunately the hinge was broken so I sent it back for a replacement and luckily the replacement was an upgrade with the new 2020 model however the date said it will be delivered on December the 1st and is currently the 7th so just wondering if anyone knows if I can complain about the delay and get some sort of compensation

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 7:27 AM

You are not asking Apple here. We are end users like and cannot give "official" answers. You are asking about a very specific subset of conditions that is not covered by the resources we have: Apple's published Sales and refund policies.

All you can do is see if Apple have updated in the delivery date. Between COVID forcing so many to work and study from home, new model releases, and the Holiday rush, delays are going to be hard to avoid.

Look in one of the email confirmations. Click in the order number in the email to log in and check status.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 7:27 AM in response to Max3515

You are not asking Apple here. We are end users like and cannot give "official" answers. You are asking about a very specific subset of conditions that is not covered by the resources we have: Apple's published Sales and refund policies.

All you can do is see if Apple have updated in the delivery date. Between COVID forcing so many to work and study from home, new model releases, and the Holiday rush, delays are going to be hard to avoid.

Look in one of the email confirmations. Click in the order number in the email to log in and check status.

Dec 7, 2020 8:00 AM in response to Max3515

Max3515 wrote:

I’m just wondering what apple’s policy is for delayed products. Just a quick overview of my situation I ordered a MacBook Pro in November and it came and unfortunately the hinge was broken so I sent it back for a replacement and luckily the replacement was an upgrade with the new 2020 model however the date said it will be delivered on December the 1st and is currently the 7th so just wondering if anyone knows if I can complain about the delay and get some sort of compensation

Correct the purchase date or expiration date for your ...

https://support.apple.com/en-lamr/HT202696

Update your proof of purchase

Contact Apple Support to update your Apple device information.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202703

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Orders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.