Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook purchase cancelled but not by me

I placed an order for a 16" M1 macbook pro on the Apple FR store website (25th of June). The modifications I added, among which was the keyboard language, made the estimated delivery date to be the 8th of August at the earliest. I proceeded to checkout and entered my payment details. According the Apple, the payment check was successful. Because they need to build the Mac, they didn't actually charge me. However, they said I would be charged as soon as it was shipped.

I waited patiently, only to check (24th of July) how the order was coming along. Upon checking, I saw that the order status was cancelled, and the date for this cancellation was 26th of June.

This is weired, as I did not cancel the order from my end. I also did not get any email from Apple saying the order had been cancelled. The only email I got concerning this order was that it was being processed. This was after I placed it successfully.

I had been waiting patiently for the Mac, as the initial window was already a bit long. But it is devastating seeing this. I don't want to purchase from the FR physical stores because of the keyboard layout, and placing another order will result in a much farther delivery date.

Please I need your advice on this. What happened here?

Thank you

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 3:59 AM

Something about the order was incorrect or incomplete. You'll need to ask Apple what the specific cause was.

It could be for any number of reasons, usually it's failure of the payment method to work, an impossible (mistyped address) or any of dozens of other possibilities.

It could also be a mistake.

Start the Apple contact process by using the Get Support link on this page upper right.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 3:59 AM in response to central_ferry

Something about the order was incorrect or incomplete. You'll need to ask Apple what the specific cause was.

It could be for any number of reasons, usually it's failure of the payment method to work, an impossible (mistyped address) or any of dozens of other possibilities.

It could also be a mistake.

Start the Apple contact process by using the Get Support link on this page upper right.

Macbook purchase cancelled but not by me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.