Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resizing the email window when creating a new email.

I read what was mentioned before about changing the size of the window but my resizing does not allow me to adjust the size of the window left to right, only top to bottom can I change it. This happened a long time ago but it continues to frustrate me. I do not know how this has happened.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 7:03 AM

Hi, welcome to the Apple Users Community.

Please first check to see that you are not in full screen or tile window mode by moving your mouse to the green circle in the top left of your new message window. If you cannot see the green circle hit the escape key. This will bring you out of full screen or tile window mode.

Then try hovering your mouse cursor on the right side of a new email window and you should see a cursor change that looks like this ⬌ . This will allow you to adjust the width of you new email window. When you have got the window to the size you are happy with close the email without making any edits to it. Then close/quit Mail. Reopen the Mail App and when you open a new mail it should always open at the same size you made before closing the software. You have now set a default.

Best of luck

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 7:03 AM in response to Huskies_mlspl

Hi, welcome to the Apple Users Community.

Please first check to see that you are not in full screen or tile window mode by moving your mouse to the green circle in the top left of your new message window. If you cannot see the green circle hit the escape key. This will bring you out of full screen or tile window mode.

Then try hovering your mouse cursor on the right side of a new email window and you should see a cursor change that looks like this ⬌ . This will allow you to adjust the width of you new email window. When you have got the window to the size you are happy with close the email without making any edits to it. Then close/quit Mail. Reopen the Mail App and when you open a new mail it should always open at the same size you made before closing the software. You have now set a default.

Best of luck

Resizing the email window when creating a new email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.