Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail:Preferences window can’t be resized.

While changing my signature in the Preferences section in Apple Mail the window suddenly expanded to a massive width and I can not shrink or resize it. How do I correct this.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 1:48 PM

shoover wrote:

While changing my signature in the Preferences section in Apple Mail the window suddenly expanded to a massive width and I can not shrink or resize it. How do I correct this.

You can try— delete all the signatures; then open Mail.app with the Shift key held down.

I suspect there was was some formatting in the added sig that did not allow it to fit the window.

Try plain txt, makes some edits if necessary and try again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 1:48 PM in response to shoover

shoover wrote:

You can try— delete all the signatures; then open Mail.app with the Shift key held down.

I suspect there was was some formatting in the added sig that did not allow it to fit the window.

Try plain txt, makes some edits if necessary and try again.

Apple Mail:Preferences window can’t be resized.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.