Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder Big Sur can't find files saved with High Sierra

Hi,

During this pandemic I work at home on two Macs simultaneously:

1 - On my older iMac 27 inch (late 2009), running on MacOS High Sierra;

2 - On my MacBook Pro 2018, running on MacOS Big Sur (which I use for business).

Now that I work at home, I use both Macs side by side. My files are in the iCloud.

Since I have installed Big Sur on my MacBook Pro, both Finder and Pathfinder (version 9.4, which I actually prefer above Finder) don't work properly synchronized on both computers anymore.

When I download a file on my MacBook Pro it appears a second later in Finder and Pathfinder on my iMac, as it should.

When I delete a file on my MacBook Pro it also disappears a second later in Finder and Pathfinder on my iMac.

The other way around it doesn't work anymore. 

When I download a file or save a file on my iMac it doesn't appear in Finder / Pathfinder on my MacBook Pro. It just can't be found.

When I delete a file on my iMac it does not disappear in Finder / Pathfinder on my MacBook Pro. In fact, the file I have deleted on my iMac can still be opened on my MacBook Pro, while the file is (was) in the iCloud. On both computers Finder / Pathfinder read the files in the iCloud.

I hope this issue will be solved very soon!

Regards,

Frank

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 2:46 PM

Hi,

I am glad to write that the problem described is solved.

The issue appeared after installing a new version of Mac-OS (Big Sur) on my MacBook Pro.

It also appeared in Apple Finder and in the iCloud Drive.

After hanging on the telephone for 2+ hours with Apple Support they wanted to try a new install of Big Sur.

After another 2+ hours of installing the software everything seems to work well again.

Regards,

Frank

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 2:46 PM in response to Frank Holland

Hi,

I am glad to write that the problem described is solved.

The issue appeared after installing a new version of Mac-OS (Big Sur) on my MacBook Pro.

It also appeared in Apple Finder and in the iCloud Drive.

After hanging on the telephone for 2+ hours with Apple Support they wanted to try a new install of Big Sur.

After another 2+ hours of installing the software everything seems to work well again.

Regards,

Frank

Finder Big Sur can't find files saved with High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.