How make Finder show what I want to see?

High Sierra, two displays.

Until just recently used another drive, SSD 1 Tb. But as some stuff started to act weird and it became slow, I installed High Sierra on new drive (also SSD 1 Tb) and moved everything to it. Instead of simply transferring user, apps, library, etc, I installed everything fresh in order to get rid of whatever it was that slowed it down.

It worked. Now, it responds much faster than before. But it's as if Finder is f***d up.

In Finder, I want files to be listed by "created". I don't care about "modified". So I edit the settings of a folder (or external disk or whatever) to show "created" and disregarding and hide "modified".

It works.

But next time I launch/login it's back to this annoying "modified" and the "created" isn't even there as an option.

Sorry, my spoken language isn't English. Just hoping you'll understand what I'm trying to say.

Earlier displays & monitors

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 12:54 PM

Your English is pretty darn good my friend. :)

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

Then tell us which OS version you're running.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 12:54 PM in response to Danne_V

Your English is pretty darn good my friend. :)

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

Then tell us which OS version you're running.

Jul 31, 2023 8:32 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks!

Did as suggested. Not only made it Finder work as I wanted in the new admin account, but when logging back to the ordinary account, it suddenly works there too.

Rebooted and it's still good. Haven't yet deleted the temporary admin though.... fingers crossed.

Oh, and I think I mentioned High Sierra a few times. ;-)

Anyway, thanks for help!

How make Finder show what I want to see?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.