Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi my i phone 6 wont pair to a watch series 2. It asks me to update the phone ios to the latest update. But when I go to phone updates it says none are available. my phone 6 is running ios 12.4. What can i do?

Hi

I am trying to pair an Iphone 6 running IOS12.4.9 to a new watch series 2. When I try to do this the phone says that I need to update the IOS on the phone to the latest update but when I check for updates the phone say that none are available. Does anyone know what to do about this? The watch series 2 was supposed to work on a series 6 phone so I am very confused.

Thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 12:13 PM

Any version of WatchOS6 requires ios13 at least.The only way this watch will pair with your phone is if it has WatchOS5 or lower installed.

Your other option is to get an iphone 6s as this will update to ios 14 and pair with the watch.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 12:13 PM in response to bigbuffer

Any version of WatchOS6 requires ios13 at least.The only way this watch will pair with your phone is if it has WatchOS5 or lower installed.

Your other option is to get an iphone 6s as this will update to ios 14 and pair with the watch.

Dec 7, 2020 12:00 PM in response to Community User

Thank you for your help. I can’t find out the iOS on the watch because I can’t access anything on it. So I started a pair on a friends phone and the phone wanted to download iOS 6.2 to update the watch. I didn’t do this update because i had read that the 6.2 won’t work with a phone 6 running iOS 12,4.

Do you know if there is any way of finding out the iOS on the watch maybe by pairing to another phone and somehow looking ?

Do you think if I do a backup on the phone then reset the phone it might help to pair?

thanks again.

hi my i phone 6 wont pair to a watch series 2. It asks me to update the phone ios to the latest update. But when I go to phone updates it says none are available. my phone 6 is running ios 12.4. What can i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.