Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer error has occurred. Multiple attempts. Transferring data from Android S7 to iphone 12 pro. No Apps running, airplane mode "on". Very good wifi signal. Can you help. Apple

I need help transferring data from Android Galaxy S7 Active to iphone pro 12. Transfer error has occured multiple times. No apps running. Good Wifi signal. Set to airplane mode. Need help.

Thanks,

Brian

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 5:20 PM

I never did get the Move to iOS to transfer my data. Consistently caused transfer interruptions.

Using the AT&T Mobile Transfer worked.

Took less than 5 minutes.

Spent several hours on the phone with AT&T, and Apple tech services. Trying to get Move To iOS to work, to no avail.

Happy to have a working iPhone!

Thanks,

Brian

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2020 5:20 PM in response to Eric_G1

I never did get the Move to iOS to transfer my data. Consistently caused transfer interruptions.

Using the AT&T Mobile Transfer worked.

Took less than 5 minutes.

Spent several hours on the phone with AT&T, and Apple tech services. Trying to get Move To iOS to work, to no avail.

Happy to have a working iPhone!

Thanks,

Brian

Dec 13, 2020 1:36 PM in response to krinklepop

Hi krinklepop,

We see that you're having some issues with moving your data over to your new iPhone. Congratulations on the iPhone! We can certainly want to ensure you have as much of the old data with you on the new device, and we'd like to help.

Please verify you have everything set up as described here: Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Additionally, the article states: "On your Android device, make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on."

When proceeding with the transfer data part of the process, we have a few suggestions. Avoid using either device until it finishes, and connect both to power. On the Android device the Move to iOS app should remain on the screen the whole time. If it happens to use another app, or receive a call (as examples), then it would cancel the process.

Also, on the Android device try first turning off any apps or settings that may affect the Wi-Fi connection, including any Wi-Fi/network optimizers. These could include apps/settings from your carrier, or third-party apps that were installed.

Then, try restarting both the Android device and the new iPhone, and start the process once again.

Take care!

Transfer error has occurred. Multiple attempts. Transferring data from Android S7 to iphone 12 pro. No Apps running, airplane mode "on". Very good wifi signal. Can you help. Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.