Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Mini

I'm using iTunes Match on all my devices and I can play any song via all the Apple hardware, ie. Mac, iPad, AppleTV, iPhone. I can say "Hey Siri play some music" and it will play some random music, then will it is playing that music I ask "Hey Siri play more from this artist" it will play more from the particular artist that was playing at the time I asked.

This works perfectly fine on all my Apple Hardware as mentioned above.

However when I try to do the same thing on the HomePod mini it does not work and comes back with "I can't play that on Apple Music". It is the same with if I ask about playing more from this album. Same result, yet it works perfectly fine on all my other Apple hardware.

Why is it that on the HomePod mini I have to have an Apple Music account yet for all my other hardware, ie. Mac, iPad, AppleTV, iPhone it works fine without needing Apple Music account.

Has anyone else come across this, someone who only has iTunes Match account but not Apple Music.

If anyone can help.

Thanks

HomePod

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 4:22 AM

You may find that HomePod works better with iTunes Match if you turn off the recognize my voice feature.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

HomePod Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.