Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming Services on AppleTV App

Problem 1:

I have Hulu, Peacock, and Amazon Prime (already subscribed) and have connected all of them to AppleTV App on my FireTV Cube Gen 1... but when I go into a show it comes up saying “In app purchases aren’t allowed on this device. To watch here, you must have purchased or rented this movie or episode on an apple device.“

Problem 2:

I have CBS All Access as a subscription channel through Amazon Prime; I believe I will need to cancel it and restart directly through CBS All Access and connect it the same as above—assuming it will work. I don’t want to go through the drama of cancelling and starting if it’s not gonna work on AppleTV App.

All this nonsense makes me wanna go back to cable and deal with commercials again.

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 2:26 AM

I have Hulu, Peacock, and Amazon Prime (already subscribed) and have connected all of them to AppleTV App on my FireTV Cube Gen 1

The Apple TV App on third party devices does not allow external apps to be ‘connected’ like that. These three apps would be independent of the Apple TV App.

“In app purchases aren’t allowed on this device. To watch here, you must have purchased or rented this movie or episode on an apple device.“

That is correct. In-app purchases for Apple services are not supported on Amazon Fire TV devices. And vise versa.

I have CBS All Access as a subscription channel through Amazon Prime; I believe I will need to cancel it and restart directly through CBS All Access and connect it the same as above—assuming it will work. I don’t want to go through the drama of cancelling and starting if it’s not gonna work on AppleTV App.

The Apple TV app does feature a CBS Channel to which you can subscribe through Apple, but it requires viewing in the Apple TV app, not the CBS app. However, CBS allows creating a separate login from that subscription for use elsewhere.

That does not work the other way around: Apple TV app Channels recognize subscriptions automatically, but have no sign-in options.

All this nonsense makes me wanna go back to cable and deal with commercials again.

Simpler, but also less customized.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2020 2:26 AM in response to trista150

I have Hulu, Peacock, and Amazon Prime (already subscribed) and have connected all of them to AppleTV App on my FireTV Cube Gen 1

The Apple TV App on third party devices does not allow external apps to be ‘connected’ like that. These three apps would be independent of the Apple TV App.

“In app purchases aren’t allowed on this device. To watch here, you must have purchased or rented this movie or episode on an apple device.“

That is correct. In-app purchases for Apple services are not supported on Amazon Fire TV devices. And vise versa.

The Apple TV app does feature a CBS Channel to which you can subscribe through Apple, but it requires viewing in the Apple TV app, not the CBS app. However, CBS allows creating a separate login from that subscription for use elsewhere.

That does not work the other way around: Apple TV app Channels recognize subscriptions automatically, but have no sign-in options.

Simpler, but also less customized.

Streaming Services on AppleTV App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.