Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Acorn in Apple TV as a channel

Is this common, to pay for a subscription to a service through Apple TV and be required to get another, full priced subscription through a separate app just to view content? That’s what happened tonight - I was browsing content from Acorn (channel) inside Apple TV (where I pay for an Acorn subscription) only to be told by my Apple TV that content I wished to view was unavailable unless I get the Acorn app and pay for another subscription.

Are the subscriptions through the Apple TV app NOT inclusive of the content from the providers? This has also happened to me with the Paramount Plus subscription (thought that seems to be working this week…).

I’m watching on an A1842 with up-to-date software.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 8:49 PM

Obviously that is not supposed to happen. When it happens, please bring it to the attention of the Apple Media Services staff, with details on the specific show and episode number.

The Channel content provider should supply Apple with copies of the content for use in Apple TV app Channels. If that happens late, then the app may re-direct you to an alternative service with the same content. If episode numbering differs between services, then it could happen that you are re-directed elsewhere. If content is announced early (before the file is actually there), then you might be re-directed elsewhere. If a show is discontinued from the service, then trying to access it may re-direct you to a different content provider with what is thought to be the same content. The updating of availability may be in need of improved scrutiny and improved notifications.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2022 8:49 PM in response to Robert Bellomy

Obviously that is not supposed to happen. When it happens, please bring it to the attention of the Apple Media Services staff, with details on the specific show and episode number.

The Channel content provider should supply Apple with copies of the content for use in Apple TV app Channels. If that happens late, then the app may re-direct you to an alternative service with the same content. If episode numbering differs between services, then it could happen that you are re-directed elsewhere. If content is announced early (before the file is actually there), then you might be re-directed elsewhere. If a show is discontinued from the service, then trying to access it may re-direct you to a different content provider with what is thought to be the same content. The updating of availability may be in need of improved scrutiny and improved notifications.

Acorn in Apple TV as a channel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.