Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it say”privacy warning” next to my WiFi name on my iPhone 6s? And I lost my connection. About 30 minutes before this happened I was connection to a news station and my Roku network box popped up and said to connect so I did. That is a first

How do I correct this? Ever since I downloaded the new iOS update, all kinds of new stuff.

it says

private WiFi address has been turned off for this network

using a private address helps reduce chances of tracking my iPhone over different WiFi networks

so I clicked and turned on private address but then couldn’t connect to network. So I guess I’m on network now because I’m doing this but my WiFi name still has privacy warning next to it.

should private address be turned on?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 10:51 PM

Hi

It tells you you have turned of private wifi addresses in wifi settings. See:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211227

Is your roku box your main wifi router for internet. If not, you should not connect to it..

Thanks for your question, I've learnt something this morning. 😃

1 reply

Why does it say”privacy warning” next to my WiFi name on my iPhone 6s? And I lost my connection. About 30 minutes before this happened I was connection to a news station and my Roku network box popped up and said to connect so I did. That is a first

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.