Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

privacy warning

i looked at videos regarding the problem. i simply cannot use my wifi because under the wifi it says privacy warning. i looked for apple help it said to turn private address on if off and off if on. i don’t know what to do i restarted my phone and rested network settings multiple times.

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 5:24 PM

This is NOT an iPhone problem; it is a problem with your router settings.

A "Weak Security" notification means that your Wi-Fi router is not configured correctly. There is a new feature in iOS 14 that checks and displays a message if your router is not using the most up-to-date security settings. Note that your router has always had weak security, you just didn’t know about it until now. 

See this Apple support article for how to configure it correctly—>Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support, specifically the section headed Security. And don't forget to configure your range extenders (if any) also!

This warning will not prevent you from using Wi-Fi; if you have a Wi-Fi problem it is unrelated to this warning. See→If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 5:24 PM in response to NobrainAero

This is NOT an iPhone problem; it is a problem with your router settings.

A "Weak Security" notification means that your Wi-Fi router is not configured correctly. There is a new feature in iOS 14 that checks and displays a message if your router is not using the most up-to-date security settings. Note that your router has always had weak security, you just didn’t know about it until now. 

See this Apple support article for how to configure it correctly—>Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support, specifically the section headed Security. And don't forget to configure your range extenders (if any) also!

This warning will not prevent you from using Wi-Fi; if you have a Wi-Fi problem it is unrelated to this warning. See→If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

privacy warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.