Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do my screen colors show as inverted negative have I some wrong settings, it is a new iPhone 12 and I have not made many setting changes myself

Why would the colors on my screen show a picture in negative colors, it is a nee iPhone12 and I have not dine many settings in it, can someone guide please

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 9:50 AM

I didn’t even know you could invert colors. I was on the phone with a client and when I disconnected the phone looked weird. On opening my photos, I realized that the whole phone had switched so everything was a negative image. To get it to look ALMOST normal I had to turn classic invert on. Turning smart invert on does nothing. Now I have a “regular” appearing screen, but the colors are a little off. Why would this happen and how do I get it back to normal?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2021 9:50 AM in response to Siabh

I didn’t even know you could invert colors. I was on the phone with a client and when I disconnected the phone looked weird. On opening my photos, I realized that the whole phone had switched so everything was a negative image. To get it to look ALMOST normal I had to turn classic invert on. Turning smart invert on does nothing. Now I have a “regular” appearing screen, but the colors are a little off. Why would this happen and how do I get it back to normal?

Feb 4, 2021 5:11 PM in response to khurshid225

So when I have my classic invert on or my smart invert and I like to change the color filters when I go to take a picture and then I screenshot it the screenshot is distorted goes to like appearance hair is white face dark eyes are white even when I go onto certain websites certain pictures look the same why is this Apple can’t seem to tell me jack you know what??Does anybody have an answer for me here is an example

Why do my screen colors show as inverted negative have I some wrong settings, it is a new iPhone 12 and I have not made many setting changes myself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.