Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low bluetooth volume since iOS update

Hi all,

since (one of the) latest iOS updates the volume of anything I stream via Bluetooth to my speaker system is very quite (barely audible). It worked before, it works with Android devices or with my laptop and it works with an old iPhone 6 (without latest iOS updates). My wife’s iPhone, also updated, is streaming content equally quietly.

does anyone have similar issues or knows how to resolve? It must be software/update related given what I’ve described above.

thanks for any help

D.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 10:25 AM

Hello DuMarq,

Do you currently have Wi-Fi calling enabled? If so, do you see any improvement if you disable that in Settings > Phone?

Also, does temporarily disabling cellular data in Settings > Cellular, seem to improve this at all?

Do you have any other bluetooth devices set up on your iPhone? For testing purposes, if you do could you temporarily remove them from your device and see if this issue continues?

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 10:25 AM in response to DuMarq

Hello DuMarq,

Do you currently have Wi-Fi calling enabled? If so, do you see any improvement if you disable that in Settings > Phone?

Also, does temporarily disabling cellular data in Settings > Cellular, seem to improve this at all?

Do you have any other bluetooth devices set up on your iPhone? For testing purposes, if you do could you temporarily remove them from your device and see if this issue continues?

Cheers!

Dec 13, 2020 8:15 AM in response to DuMarq

Hello DuMarq,

We see that you're having some trouble with bluetooth audio quality. We'd be happy to look in to this with you!

Could we please have you confirm the exact iOS version that you're running on each of the iPhones? You can find the exact version number in Settings > General > About.

If you haven't already, could you please try restarting the iPhones and the bluetooth speaker? This will help with restarting the iPhones: Restart your iPhone

After that, if you're still experiencing this same issue, could you please try disabling Wi-Fi in Settings > Wi-Fi (not Control Center), and let us know if this issue continues?

Cheers!

Dec 13, 2020 11:25 AM in response to Chris_C1

Hi Chris,

thanks for replying.

the old phone is using 12.4.4, where the new/updated phones are using 14.2.

I remember that a few weeks ago it was still working fine so it must have been something related to a recent update (given that both updated phones show the same problem).

I have restarted and remapped devices and phones many times but it did not help. Turning off WiFi did not help either.

Do you have any other ideas?

many thanks,

dustin

Low bluetooth volume since iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.