Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated to macos11. now numbers can not open my file.

I updated my MacBook to macos11. now numbers could not open the file created by same application on older OS. It just shows downloading when double click on file and nothing happens after that.

MacBook

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 9:43 AM

There are several recent posts on this same subject. This OS "upgrade" has some issues. The things that may or may not work are:

1. Reboot computer
  2. Log out of iCloud, then back in
  3. Delete the Numbers app and re-download it from the App Store.
  4. Call Apple Support

I added that last one to the list because sometimes none of the first three work and that's about the end of our knowledge here (as far as I know). If you do call Apple Support, please report back with what they said that worked for you. It is so disheartening to have these kinds of problems occurring and little we can do here to help.

I may soon add sledgehammer to the list.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2020 9:43 AM in response to ag_ss

There are several recent posts on this same subject. This OS "upgrade" has some issues. The things that may or may not work are:

1. Reboot computer
  2. Log out of iCloud, then back in
  3. Delete the Numbers app and re-download it from the App Store.
  4. Call Apple Support

I added that last one to the list because sometimes none of the first three work and that's about the end of our knowledge here (as far as I know). If you do call Apple Support, please report back with what they said that worked for you. It is so disheartening to have these kinds of problems occurring and little we can do here to help.

I may soon add sledgehammer to the list.

updated to macos11. now numbers can not open my file.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.