Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF's Save To Files

A Simple question, why there is no option "save to files (local ipad)" whenever I open the pdf files in imail app/gmail app/gdrive app, then choose share/save a copy.

My ipad is gen2 11icnh 2020, the option available on my friend ipad gen4 12,9inch 2020

I have stressed with this problem, thanks

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 2:56 AM

Problem solved, the preview on gmail or gdrive app doesnt mean it has downloaded, to download/save to files (local ipad) it depends on file size, The pdfs attached that have small size there is an option "save to files" in share button.

For the pdfs have a big size and uploaded as a google drive , the gmail preview not available to "save to files" in share button, it should be open in gdrive app then chosen "send to copy" to download/save to local ipad.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 2:56 AM in response to zainullarie

Problem solved, the preview on gmail or gdrive app doesnt mean it has downloaded, to download/save to files (local ipad) it depends on file size, The pdfs attached that have small size there is an option "save to files" in share button.

For the pdfs have a big size and uploaded as a google drive , the gmail preview not available to "save to files" in share button, it should be open in gdrive app then chosen "send to copy" to download/save to local ipad.

PDF's Save To Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.