Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 display issues through HDMI

So, I got the brand new Base Mac Mini for our video production company. It edits like a dream, so much quicker than our previous MacBook Pro's! I have 2 displays plugged in:

1x USBC/Thunderbolt3 24inch LG Ultrafine 4k screen (bought through Apple last year)

1x LG 27inch 4k display, plugged in via HDMI.

The issue I am having is that the 27inch display has a really horrible display lag, moving the mouse, dragging windows round the screen and anything I do on that 27inch screen just has a horrible lag. Even if I unplug my Thunderbolt 3 screen, there's still an awful lag via HDMI. I have tried 2 different 4k monitors and they are all the same. I also tried to calibrate the display using Display Cal and no luck, but that is less urgent. It's like I am using an old old very tired Mac when I plug in the display via HDMI. Any ideas?

Mac mini, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 8:12 AM

There is zero display lag on my LG 32UN880-B Ultrafine 4K HDR Ergo display via an HDMI 2.1 cable from the M1 mini. The display came with an HDMI cable, but I am using the Belkin 2.1 cable for future proofing. I have no other monitor attached to the M1 mini, and not using the TB3/USC-C ports.

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 8, 2020 9:31 AM in response to TomCrib

If you look thru the forum posts within this Mac mini group you will find there are a TON of system issues when using two displays on the new M1 mini including what you describe. While a few people seem to report it was fixed by different adapters, cables, etc. the overwhelming majority still have the issues and they are yet to be resolved in ANY way by Apple.

Mac Mini M1 display issues through HDMI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.