Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple carplay store addresses from my cellphone?

I have addresses stored on Apple Maps on my iPhone. When I plug my iPhone into CarPlay in my car I can access Apple Maps entries on my phone. My question is does CarPlay continue to store those addresses after I have disconnected my iPhone?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 10:31 AM

Hi Wharenu1,

We understand you have some questions about where addresses are stored with CarPlay, and can imagine why you would be concerned. The great news is that Apple Maps, as well as third-party navigation apps, store the addresses directly on your phone, and they're accessible when the phone is connected to CarPlay. We have more information under "Car Play" in Privacy Features

If we can be of any more assistance, please be sure to let us know.

Best regards!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2020 10:31 AM in response to Wharenu1

Hi Wharenu1,

We understand you have some questions about where addresses are stored with CarPlay, and can imagine why you would be concerned. The great news is that Apple Maps, as well as third-party navigation apps, store the addresses directly on your phone, and they're accessible when the phone is connected to CarPlay. We have more information under "Car Play" in Privacy Features

If we can be of any more assistance, please be sure to let us know.

Best regards!

Can Apple carplay store addresses from my cellphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.