Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there no middle mouse click options for new Mac machines today?!?!

This is ridiculous! How is there no middle mouse click option on the magic mouse 2, nor on the iMac Pro (Catalina 10.15.5)??

I tried a third party mouse on the iMac that has a middle scroll wheel that's clickable that works perfectly fine on my old 2012 Macbook Pro, I plugged that into the new iMac Pro, and the middle wheel scrolls but doesn't click.

This click and drag option is essential for most of the Adobe suite products I use as well as many others that I use for my job. How am I expected to efficiently work like this?

Why is Apple purposefully taking basic features away from their high end products?!

iMac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 9:28 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 8, 2020 10:17 AM in response to Parabola89

You are communicating with Apple users, like yourself. We are not Apple, so we can not answer questions about why Apple does or does not do something. You should direct your complaints to Apple at the following link: www.apple.com/feedback Have you checked to see if your third party mouse has supporting software available which enables the feature you want? For what it's worth I have a cheap wired Microsoft mouse I've used for years which has the scroll feature and it works with Big Sur just fine. Clearly, your problem has to be with the mouse you are using. It would appear at first glance that Apple is not taking basic features away from their high end products as you suggest.

Why is there no middle mouse click options for new Mac machines today?!?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.