Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should the Mid 2015 15" MacBook Pro Trackpad Click?

Okay, I feel so dumb. I recently got an iMac and so I have been going back and forth between my MacBook Pro and iMac. I feel like before when I tried to highlight text, that I could click using the trackpad, but now when I try to highlight, my trackpad doesn't click. BUT, this might be because I am used to using my bluetooth mouse for my iMac now. Is my trackpad supposed to click on my Mid 2015 15" Retina MacBook Pro and if not, how in the heck do you highlight text? It only partially highlights whenever I double click on say, an email address. I can't get it to highlight the whole thing. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 11:59 AM

casealexpie wrote:

Okay, I feel so dumb. I recently got an iMac and so I have been going back and forth between my MacBook Pro and iMac. I feel like before when I tried to highlight text, that I could click using the trackpad, but now when I try to highlight, my trackpad doesn't click. BUT, this might be because I am used to using my bluetooth mouse for my iMac now. Is my trackpad supposed to click on my Mid 2015 15" Retina MacBook Pro and if not, how in the heck do you highlight text? It only partially highlights whenever I double click on say, an email address. I can't get it to highlight the whole thing. Thanks in advance.

one click (tap) to select, another tap to select, a third tap to select all ?

>System Preferences>Trackpad to make modifications/see Gestures /demos & actions

How to use the Force Touch trackpad - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204352

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2019 11:59 AM in response to casealexpie

casealexpie wrote:

one click (tap) to select, another tap to select, a third tap to select all ?

>System Preferences>Trackpad to make modifications/see Gestures /demos & actions

How to use the Force Touch trackpad - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204352

Should the Mid 2015 15" MacBook Pro Trackpad Click?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.