Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't restore/revive MacBook Pro 16 inch using Apple Configurator 2

My MacBook Pro 16 inch (running Catalina) T2 chip was having a problem with the bridgeOS not allowing me to install any MacOS version, I couldn't update nor downgrade to anything. so I went to revive the T2 chip in DFU mode using my MacBook Pro 13 inch (running Big Sur).

The process was happening and then I got an error 9 on Apple Configurator 2 that the operation could not be completed, might be a connection problem with USB host.

so the 16 inch brought up the apple logo, had a filled loading screen under it, then the screen goes black with the backlight fully on and the fans start at FULL SPEED. like I have never heard the fans sound that way. and it gets stuck in that state. after 5 minutes I hold the power button to shut it down.

Now the 16 inch is in RECOVERY mode (the T2 chip is in that mode I'm guessing, MB it self won't boot to anything) and I can still put it in DFU mode.

BUT, neither reviving or restoring is working!!! every time I try it goes to the same mode, the apple logo shows up, loading goes to the very end (doesn't fill, its filled from the beginning), then I get an AMRestoreErrorDomain error 9. and then it goes to the same mode with the fans at max speed and backlight turned on.

my 16 inch won't boot and the revive restoring options are not working. HELP! what am I supposed to do???

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 1:22 PM

Try an SMC Reset. Then see if you can get back into DFU mode again.

If this doesn't work I think you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop.

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't restore/revive MacBook Pro 16 inch using Apple Configurator 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.