Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro A1989 revive failure

Hello Everyone,

I have a MacBook Pro A1989 which just not turning up , so I have tried to revive or restore using the step described here https://support.apple.com/guide/apple-configurator-2/revive-or-restore-an-intel-based-mac-apdebea5be51/mac

but it fails when installing the system , I have recorded a video about that

for the error that I get when I try revive

The operation couldn’t be completed. 
AMRestoreErrorDomain error 75 -
Failed to handle message type StatusMsg
(Missing data volume)) [AMRestoreErrorDomain – 0x4B (75)]

any ideas , would be appreciated

Regards,

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 9:37 PM

If you are using an older 2016 - 2018 MBPro as the host computer running Apple Configurator 2, then perhaps the USB-C cable is actually loose. The USB-C ports on these early laptops can become worn to the point where the USB-C cable can actually move around causing a disconnect. Try connecting the USB-C cable to another less frequently used USB-C port on the host Mac to see if that helps. Try using another USB-C charging cable and another Mac to host Apple Configurator 2.

Make sure the host Mac does not log out or sleep during the process. Also make sure both computers are using power adapters.

Otherwise I suspect the M1 Mac likely has a hardware failure and will need to be repaired by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2022 9:37 PM in response to AhmadMusa

If you are using an older 2016 - 2018 MBPro as the host computer running Apple Configurator 2, then perhaps the USB-C cable is actually loose. The USB-C ports on these early laptops can become worn to the point where the USB-C cable can actually move around causing a disconnect. Try connecting the USB-C cable to another less frequently used USB-C port on the host Mac to see if that helps. Try using another USB-C charging cable and another Mac to host Apple Configurator 2.

Make sure the host Mac does not log out or sleep during the process. Also make sure both computers are using power adapters.

Otherwise I suspect the M1 Mac likely has a hardware failure and will need to be repaired by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

MacBook Pro A1989 revive failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.